There are various choices of sunglasses available nowadays. Today, lenses come in different tints and colors and can be polarized if one prefers, so knowing the pros and cons of the polarized sunglasses can be helpful for you to make the decision.
- First of all, polarized sunglasses filter the lights. It blocks the stray and scattered lights from getting through the lenses, and it also helps to reduce the haziness and smog especially on a hot or muggy day. Therefore, it can potentially increase the visual comfort.
- Secondly, polarized sunglasses helps to drive safely as they help to block the glare which is reflected back to the driver from the road, shiny road bumpers and from the windshields of the approaching vehicles. One can also purchase the polarized sunglasses containing a back-side anti-reflecting coating. This will help to block the reflection and glare that comes from the back of the wearer.
- Thirdly, the lenses of the polarized sunglasses are darker than the regular sunglasses. So if one has sensitivity to bright sunlight, then polarized sunglasses can give the best protection. This is why I always pack one.
- Moreover, polarized lenses can be very helpful for some specific purposes. For example, grey polarized sunglasses can be helpful for the fishermen to look inside the water and to spot the fish. Brown lenses can be helpful for the golfers because it helps to show the texture on the green and on the fairway. Also, the yellow lenses help the people who use gun ranges, by helping them to focus more on their target.
Although polarized sunglasses have so many advantages, they have some disadvantages as well.
- Typically, polarized sunglasses are more expensive than the regular sunglasses. Sometimes it can be hard to afford polarized sunglasses.
- One of the major drawbacks of using polarized sunglasses is that it diminishes one’s ability to see the LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) screen because LCDs are polarized lights too. Therefore, polarized sunglasses make it potentially dangerous to operate the aircraft and vehicle dashboards as these usually use the LCD screens and monitors.
- Moreover, polarized sunglasses reduce one’s ability to use the digital screens. Using cell phones, GPS and ATM machine can be a real problem while wearing polarized sunglasses.
- Furthermore, when it comes to snow sports, polarized sunglasses may block some of the discerning features. The glasses may block out the light reflected from the icy patches and may pose real threat for the wearer by making it impossible to distinguish the danger zones.
To conclude, we can say that it depends on the user whether to use the polarized sunglasses or not, as the decision entirely depends on the profession and circumstances of the user. Just browse a few of the the best polarized sunglasses ever, and decide based on your needs.